O-Level Economics Tuition
Get ahead of the pack.
Make sure you’re prepared for your O-Levels with private tuition at TigerCampus Singapore.
Our tutors graduated from top universities
About O-Level Economics
The O-Level economics course gives pupils a comprehensive grasp of economic terminology, concepts, and theories. Students will learn how to use basic economic numeracy and interpret economic data and tools of economic analysis.
The ideas and concepts given in this syllabus are meant to express economic ideas logically and clearly in written form. Students will then eventually be able to apply economic understanding to current economic issues.
Even though the use of an identical examination board as a partnering authority, the Singapore-Cambridge GCE Ordinary Level examination bears no resemblance to the British GCSE examinations, having been de-linked since 2006 when the Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) took over the management of the national examination. This is due to the disparity in the development of the two countries’ educational systems. Nonetheless, the qualification is internationally recognized as equivalent to the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) examination, which is taken by international candidates, including Singaporean students who take the exam as private candidates, and the General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) examination, which is taken by students in the United Kingdom.
TigerCampus SG provides tuition for Economics sections of the O-Levels
In this course, together with a private tutor, you will learn how to master the O-level Economics exam content. Your tutor will help you understand the relevant concepts, and assess your progress through practice exams.
Unlike other O-level courses, this course is a private one-on-one lesson. You will study at the perfect pace for you, as opposed to being limited by your peers. You can expect to be sufficiently challenged and constantly improving, rather than wasting time reviewing concepts you already know.
What you will learn
Main topics covered in the exam
1. The Basic Economic Problem
- The nature of the economic problem
- The factors of production
- Opportunity cost
- Production possibility curve diagrams (PPC)
2. The Allocation of resources
- Microeconomics and macroeconomics
- The role of markets in allocating resources
- Price determination
- Price changes
- Price elasticity of demand (PED)
- Price of elasticity of supply (PES)
- Market Economic system
- Market failure
- Mixed economic system
3. Microeconomic decision-makers
- Money and banking
- Trade Unions
- Firms and production
- Firms ‘costs, revenue and objectives
- Market structure
4. Government and the macroeconomy
- The role of government
- The macroeconomic aims of the government
- Fiscal policy
- Monetary policy
- Supply-side policy
- Economic growth
- Employment and unemployment
- Inflation and deflation
5. Economic development
- Living standards
- Differences in economic development between countries
6. International trade and globalisation
- International specialisation
- Globalisation, free trade and protection
- Foreign exchange rates
- Current account of balance of payments
Looking for other A-Level tuitions?
How it works
Need more info?
Leave your phone number, and we’ll call you back to discuss how we can help you.